Here’s how Design Your Home works, step by step.
1. You choose and reserve your plot on the site
This is when you decide where you want to live on the development, and how much land you’ll have for your home and garden.
2. You design your perfect home
Based on the plot you’ve chosen, you decide the number of rooms you’ll have, and how they’ll be laid out. Then, with guidance from our sales team, you choose all the things that will make your home distinctively yours. We help you consider elements such as:
- A utility room extension
- A conservatory
- Bay windows and extra patio doors
- Converting the loft
- Eco-friendly features, like solar panels
- Doors, windows, coving and skirting boards
- Kitchen and bathroom fixtures and finishes
- Garden layouts.
3. We help arrange your custom-build mortgage
This will give you the money you need to go ahead and buy your home.
4. Buying with the Custom-Choice option at shell stage
This allows you to use a conventional mortgage, access Help to Buy funding and still choose your layout and interior fittings.
5. The legal paperwork is sorted out
We can help you with this. You will need to sign a “build contract” and there are some other papers to deal with but the legal process keeps everything simple, straightforward and ticking along. If you buy with the Custom-Choice option then you will purchase the house in the traditional manner but still have the flexibility of choice over layouts and fittings.
6. Building work begins on your home
The build starts. We can help you to source a builder or arrange for your home to be built - the choice is yours. It’s likely to take around six months and we can even help you out with your living expenses during this period.*
*Plot dependent and subject to Terms and Conditions.
7. Your home is finished and you move in
As soon as the building work is finished, and your ideal home is ready, you can move in. Now you really start to enjoy living in a home that’s just as you want it. Also, at this point, if you have taken out a custom-build mortgage, it will revert to a standard one.
See our locations